- "Play keeps us vital and alive. It gives us an enthusiasm for life that is irreplaceable. Without it, life just doesn’t taste good” -Lucia Capocchione
At Friendship Tree Day Care you can expect a safe, comfortable and fun home environment. Your child will be supported as they explore and learn.
My style is influenced by Reggio Emilia style education. I am also passionate about the importance of empathy in care and education, and you will notice a Waldorf Steiner influence in the resources and environment offered.
What this means for you and your children is:
- children lead their learning
- I support play based learning throughout your child’s day because children have the greatest sense of wellbeing and are most motivated while playing.
- children are supported in their chosen path of discovery
- children learn from nature
- the care environment is uncluttered, looks appealing, and features natural materials
- I provide a loving, nurturing environment that is inclusive and respectful
- my focus is on meeting needs (yours, mine, and your child’s), be that for fun, food, rest, self expression etc.
- I am not judgmental. I strive to honor our unique strengths and experiences, and I am motivated to collaborate with you for the best outcomes for your child.
- I provide ‘passive’ toys that support brain development toward creativity, resourcefulness, independence, and sticking power
I have Cert III in Early Childhood Care and Education. I have previously established and run a weekly playgroup and family day. I have current First Aid with anaphylaxis and asthma training. I have studied NVC (‘the language of connection’). I have my Working With Children clearance. I attend additional training throughout the year. Plus, my own four children trained me VERY well!
We encourage parents to give feedback and share ideas and experiences.
Families are invited to opt in or opt out of the methods below:
Your child’s activities can be tracked via our Kept Me software.
We have a ‘closed’ Facebook group some families love to share with family and friends.
Learning Journey scrap book on display in our play room.
Private communication book that travels with your child.
These all support us in providing care and education that is centered on your child’s interests, needs and development.